Excited, I go out to the sidewalk and I find the gift. It's a beautiful carriage parked right opposite the door of my house. It is polished walnut, has brass hardware and white ceramic lamps, all very fine, very elegant, very chic.
I open the door of the cab and climb. A large semicircular seat wrapped in embroidered velvet and a white lace curtains add a touch of royalty to the cubicle. I sit and realize that everything is designed exclusively for me, is calculated along the legs, the width seat, the height of the roof ... everything is very comfortable, and there is no room for anyone else.
Then I looked out the window and see "the landscape": first the front of my house, the other the front of my neighbor's house ... and say: "What a man this gift! How nice, how nice ... "And I stay a while enjoying the feeling. After a while I start to get bored, what you see out the window is always the same.
I wonder: "How much time one can see the same things?" And I begin to convince me that the gift to me is useless. Of that I'm complaining out loud when I passed my neighbor says, as if guessing: - Do not you realize that this coach is missing something?
face I put what-you-miss while watching the carpets and upholstery. "I miss the horses," he says before you get to ask. So I always see the same thing, I think "That's why I find boring ..." True, "I say. Then I go to the yard of the station and he tied two horses to the carriage.
I climb from the inside again and cry: - Eaaaaa! The landscape becomes wonderful, extraordinary, constantly changing and that surprised me. However, soon begin to feel some vibration in the carriage and see the beginnings of a crack in one side. Horses are paths that lead me terrible grasp all the wells, climb the trails, take me by neighborhoods.
I realize that I have no control of anything, the horses drag me where they want. At first, this route was very nice, but ultimately I feel it is very dangerous. Start to panic and realize that this is not good either. At that time, I see my neighbor passing nearby, in your car. The insult: - What I did! Yells at me - I need the driver! - Ah! "I say.
With great difficulty and with your help, reined the horses and decided to hire a driver. A few days after assuming duties. It is a formal and dignified man-faced little humor and knowledge.
I think that now I am ready to truly enjoy the gift to me. I climb, I settle, stuck his head and tells the driver where I want to go. He drives, he controls the situation, he decides the appropriate speed and chooses the best route. I ... I enjoy the journey.
This little allegory should help us to understand the concept be holistic. We were born, left our "home" and we have met with a gift: our body. A carriage specially designed for each of us. A vehicle can adapt to changes over time, but it will be the same throughout the journey.
Shortly after birth, our body showed a desire, a need, a requirement instinctive, and moved. This stroller-the body-would be useless if it had no horses, they are the desires, needs, drives and emotions.
all right for a while, but eventually started to realize these desires in ways we had a bit risky and sometimes dangerous, and then we need to rein back.
This is where the figure of the coachman, our minds, our intellect, our ability to think rationally. That driver better manage our traffic. Know that each of us is at least three characters involved there. You're the coach, you're the horses and you are the driver all the way, it's your own life.
harmony must be built up with all these parties, taking care not to stop to take care of any of these three actors ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment